Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Fermented beverages

Hi Enochka! :)

This blog post is especially for you and for anyone else wondering about natural, food-based ways of getting pro-biotics into your diet.  Why?? Well, Sarah Pope does a great job of explaining some the ways that pro-biotic foods have traditionally helped the body.

There are so many diets and ways of eating out there, bookshelves of data to try to digest! But, in reality, they are based on ideas and theories and sometimes they may miss a key piece of data that inadvertently shifts their fundamental premise into the realm of, well, unhealthy.

I LOVE the Weston A. Price information because it is based on traditional diets and real food that blessed cultures where folks died of acute events, not painful, chronic illness. Pre-industrial revolution eating honored the state of food as it was placed on this earth, without the fundamental altering of it (and profit making) by mankind. There is something very natural and real about that!

Did I mention that chronic illness is definitely on my top ten of worst fears?? I have lost two sisters to chronic illnesses, and their last decades were painful. I've spent time on that path, and I have researched and changed my life to get gut healthy and to reach better brain functioning as a result. What I share on this blog is probably a direct result of the reality checks when my second sister passed. I miss them both and don't want to lose anyone else to metabolic dysfunction, no matter what their genetic tendencies.

It is a journey, so please take this information one bite at a time and do what you can do. Whenever you are ready for another bite, check in here or go to one of these beginner videos and see what looks great for you next! There is so much great information out there--and I want to share it even in little bites.

Next post will be the whys and hows of water kefir use....see you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment